Recipe Yield: 4 servings
1/2 Tbsp olive oil
1½ fresh white onions, chopped
1 Tbsp fresh sage, chopped
1½ lb fresh butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and chopped
1/2 Tbsp honey
1/2 cinnamon stick
3 cups vegetable broth
1 pinch ground black pepper
1/2 bunch fresh chives, snipped
1 dollop Citrus Cream (see recipe below)
1/4 cup sour cream
1 fresh lime
1 pinch granulated sugar
1. Pour oil into a large saucepan. Add onion, sage, clove, and cinnamon and cook on medium heat or until soft, about 15 minutes.
2. Add squash and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Add honey and broth, bring to a simmer, and cook until the squash is tender, about 15 minutes.
4. Set soup aside to cool. Once it has cooled, whip until smooth using a hand blender or blend in a blender.
5. Season with pepper, and add a drop of water if soup is too thick.
6. Add 1 dollop of Citrus Cream (see below) to prepared soup and garnish with chives.
1. Place sour cream, sugar, the zest of 1 lime, and juice of ½ lime in a bowl and whisk.
Amount Per Serving
Fat 3.5 g
Saturated Fat 1.2 g
Cholesterol 4 mg
Sodium 720 mg
Carbohydrates 28 g
Fiber 4.3 g
Protein 3 g