Ingredients for the topping
1 Yukon gold potato, cut in quarters
4 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into large chunks
2 cups cauliflower
3 Tbsp olive oil, softened
1 cup milk
2 egg yolks
Salt and pepper
Ingredients for the meat filling
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 large yellow onion, chopped (about 1 1/2–2 cups)
2 large carrots, diced small (about 2 cups)
3 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 Tbsp)
2 lbs ground turkey
Salt and pepper
3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
3 tsp tomato paste
1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
2 tsp dried thyme
2 tsp dried oregano
1 cup frozen corn
1 cup frozen peas
1. For topping, place potato and parsnips in large stockpot and cover with cold water, bring to a boil, then decrease to simmer until they are soft enough to break with tongs, about 15–20 minutes.
2. Drain and add back to pot, adding olive oil, milk, salt, and pepper. Once you get the flavor and consistency you like, mix in egg yolks, and set aside.
3. For meat filling, preheat oven to 400 F.
4. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium/high heat, sauté onions and carrots for about 5 minutes, then add garlic.
5. Add ground turkey, salt, and pepper, and break up with wooden spoon while the meat browns and gets mixed into the vegetables, about 5 minutes.
6. Sprinkle the meat with the flour and toss to coat, and cook for another minute before adding tomato paste, chicken broth, and dried herbs. Bring to a boil, then lower to simmer for about 10–12 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
7. Add corn and peas, then transfer the mixture into a baking dish.
8. Add the potato and parsnip topping and lightly press down with a fork to spread evenly.
9. Place on parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for about 25 minutes or until the potatoes begin to brown.