Yield: 12 servings (1 loaf, 12 slices per loaf)
1¼ cups ripe, mashed bananas
1 large egg
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2½ cups whole-wheat flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
Nonstick cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease 8”x4” loaf pan using nonstick cooking spray.
3. In medium bowl, mix together banana, egg, applesauce, sugar, and brown sugar until well combined.
4. In separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
5. Add dry ingredients into wet, stirring until combined. Spoon batter into loaf pan.
6. Bake for about 50 minutes or until lightly golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into middle of bread.