The distinct flavors of cilantro, cumin, coriander, and paprika are the perfect complements to this light and flavorful dish.
Recipe Yield: 4 servings (2 tacos per serving)
1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
1 cup cucumbers, peeled and quartered
2 cups nonfat Greek yogurt
1 1/2 tsp fresh lime juice
1 tsp lime rind, grated
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 pound tilapia fillets (or cod, snapper)
1 tsp olive oil (to coat pan)
8 6″ flour or corn tortillas, or taco shells
2 cups green cabbage, shredded
1 medium avocado, sliced
Wedge of lemon
Salt to taste
1 jalapeno, chopped, or 1/2 cup fresh tomatoes, diced (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. For the crema, combine the first 6 ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and place in refrigerator.
2. To prepare the fish tacos, combine cumin, coriander, paprika, and garlic powder in a small bowl; sprinkle spices evenly on both sides of fish.
3. Coat baking sheet with olive oil and place fish on it. Bake for 10 minutes, or until fish flakes when tested with a fork. Then place fish in a medium bowl and break into small pieces with fork.
4. If using flour tortillas, heat a nonstick pan to medium heat and place tortilla in it until warm and soft. If using corn tortillas or taco shells warm in oven for 1 minute.
5. Divide fish evenly among tortillas or in taco shells; top each with 1/4 cup cabbage, sliced avocado, and 2 tablespoons crema.
6. Serve with wedge of lemon and add chopped jalapenos or diced tomatoes for extra spice and flavor.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 16.2g (28% of calories)
Saturated Fat 3.3g (5.8% of calories)
Total Carbs 43g
Dietary Fiber 6.6g